Unless you live in Cyprus, the chances are that you will be arriving by plane to one of the two international airports: Paphos or Larnaca. From the list below, you will see that both are continually busy with arrivals and departures from a variety of hubs around Europe. This makes it easy to arrange car hire, shuttle bus, and taxi pickups coinciding with your arrival. If possible, we suggest you try to find a flight to Paphos, as this is nearer to the villa, but if you are hiring a car, flying to Larnaca is no problem. Taxis all the way from Larnaca work out pricey if there are only two travelling (although you can reduce this by using a shuttle bus / taxi combination).
Paphos (PFO) 19 miles (30 km) - 20 minutes. Larnaca (LCA) 68 miles (110 km) - 70 minutes. Both routes are easy motorway drives.
Pissouri Bay, (sometimes also referred to as Pissouri Jetty), is 25 minutes east of Paphos, or west of Limassol, along the A6 motorway. About 2.5 miles (4 km) from the larger hilltop settlement of Pissouri Village. We send maps and directions to the villa from both airports before your stay.
A taxi from Paphos airport is normally €40 - €45, day or night. Unfortunately some slippery taxi drivers spoil things for the rest. Agree the price before entering the taxi and make ensure the meter is used. In the event of a dispute, request a receipt to take the matter further. CTO advice on taxis - regulations and rates. Grab that Cab and George Taxi offer fixed price pre-booked cabs from Larnaca airport, I Want a Taxi from Paphos airport or Cyprus Taxi from either. For a reliable local options we suggest Loucas Theodosiou or John Pangeras from Pissouri - each offering a regular Mercedes, or a 7-seater. For cheaper transfers from Larnaca, see tip on our Buses page about taking an airport shuttle to Limassol, followed by a taxi to Pissouri.
Pissouri Bay has enough facilities to enable you to holiday comfortably without a car. (See Maps page to help you decide.) Should you wish to explore further afield, UK visitors will find motoring in Cyprus easy, as driving is on the left and the traffic is much lighter than at home.
Car hire is available from many companies at both airports, and also in Pissouri itself, so you could hire a car for a few days of sightseeing, rather than your whole stay. We have heard good feedback about Oasis Rent-A-Car based in Cyprus. Pissouri company Tarantos Car Rentals has been recommended by past guests.
To pick up a car at the airport, we recommend you use a comparison website such as Rhino Car Hire or Rental Cars who also specify the fuel policies of their providers so you can avoid the full-empty tactic. Rhino will offer our guests a discount - please contact us for details. To save the worry of unforseen car hire extras, we suggest taking out cost-effective excess waiver insurance before you travel - see MoneyMaxim comparison tool. Family-friendly airlines such as easyJet carry car and booster seats free of charge. Past issues with Avis - click for info.
Finding Flight Options
A brilliant resource is the excellent Kayak Flights Map. In the Flights from box, delete your local airport and type either PFO or LCA, select a month, tick non-stop only, and then choose Routes - flight routes will be shown on the map. Click on your chosen departure airport to get a pop-up showing the airline(s) flying this route, and their flight days. The arrivals and departures boards on Cyprus Airports can also be used for finding airlines flying to Cyprus, together with routes, flight schedules and times.
UK Flights By Airline
As you can see, there are many regional routes between the UK and Cyprus. The busiest days are Sundays and Wednesdays, but daily flights are available. We do not have a set changeover day to allow for flexible arrivals and departures, 10-day stays, etc.
Tips: The cheapest flights to Cyprus are generally obtained by booking early - some airlines will alert you when they release their schedules if you pre-register, or follow them on social media. Follow our Travel Board for up-to-date airline and travel information, news and offers. You can also register for flight alerts on LowCostRoutes. Flexibility is the key - consider, for example, booking outbound and return flights with different airlines. Research options through an online travel agent and then compare direct booking with the airline. Suggestions: Momondo, Skyscanner, Cheap Flights, Air Flights, Travel Supermarket and Thomas Cook. If you can manage it, you can also reduce costs and waiting time by travelling with hand luggage only - easyJet, for example, do not have a weight restriction on hand luggage, so you can happily squeeze more in using vacuum bags.
- Aegean (Heathrow - LCA daily)
- Blue Air (Birmingham - LCA TuThSu | New in 2017: Liverpool - LCA TuSa | Luton - LCA MoWeFrSa)
- British Airways (Heathrow - LCA daily | Gatwick - LCA Su | Gatwick - PFO MoWeFrSaSu)
- Cobalt Aero (Birmingham - LCA WeSa | Manchester - LCA SuTh | Stansted - LCA daily | Dublin - LCA WeSa) with plans for flights from Newcastle, Cardiff and Glasgow
- easyJet (Gatwick - PFO daily | Manchester - PFO daily | Liverpool - LCA Sa | Luton - PFO MoWeThSaSu | Bristol - PFO MoWeSa | Edinburgh - PFO WeSa)
- Jet2 (New in 2017: Birmingham - PFO SuWe | East Midlands - PFO SuWe | Edinburgh - PFO We | Glasgow - PFO WeSa | Leeds Bradford - LCA Su | Leeds Bradford - PFO SaWe | Manchester - PFO SuWeSa | Newcastle - PFO SaWe | New in 2017: Stansted - PFO WeSa) 22kg baggage allowance included
- Monarch Airlines (Birmingham - LCA Su | Birmingham - PFO TuWeSa | Gatwick - LCA Sa | Gatwick - PFO SuWe | Leeds Bradford - LCA Sa | Luton - LCA Sa)
- Norwegian (Gatwick - LCA TuSa)
- Ryanair (Stansted - PFO SuTuWeTh | Manchester - PFO SuWe) New customer-focused approach
- Thomas Cook (Belfast - LCA Sa | Birmingham - LCA Su | Gatwick - LCA FrSu | Glasgow - LCA Su | Newcastle - LCA FrSa)
- Thomson Flights (Birmingham - PFO SuWeTh | Doncaster Sheffield - PFO Sa | East Midlands - PFO Sa | Gatwick - PFO SuWeTh | Luton - PFO Sa | Manchester - PFO SuWeTh | Norwich - PFO Sa | Stansted - PFO Sa) Dreamliners on some Manchester and Gatwick flights
Non-UK Flights By Airline
- Aegean, the largest Greek airline has filled the vacuum left by the loss of Cyprus Airways (who ceased flying in 2015 following an EU ruling). Larnaca flights from Athens | Beirut | Heathrow | Heraklion | Kiev | Milan | Munich | Mykonos | Paris | Rhodes | Rome | Santorini | Tel Aviv | Thessaloniki.
- Blue Air Romanian airline. Larnaca flights from Athens | Bacau | Birmingham | Bucharest | Cluj Napoca | Iasi | Liverpool | Luton | Thessaloniki | Turin.
- Cobalt Aero Cypriot airline. Larnaca and Paphos (from 2017) flights from Athens | Brussels | Chania | Dublin | Heraklion | Odessa | Paris | Thessaloniki | New in 2017: Zurich.
- Cyprus Airways Newly revived Cypriot airline. Larnaca flights from Heraklion | Rhodes | Tel Aviv (from June 2017)
- easyJet Larnaca flights from Basel.
- Emirates Larnaca flights from Dubai.
- FlyNiki Austrian airline. Larnaca and Paphos flights from Vienna.
- Germanwings Larnaca Saturday flights from Cologne.
- Germania Paphos flights from Berlin | Bremen | Dusseldorf | Erfurt | Hamburg.
- Norwegian Larnaca flights from Copenhagen | Gatwick | Helsinki | Oslo | Stockholm. Good reviews citing price and free WiFi.
- Ryanair Paphos flights from Budapest | Chania | Frankfurt | Kaunas | Krakow | Manchester | Memmingen | Milan | Oslo | Patras | Pisa | Rome | Stansted | Stockholm | Thessaloniki | Treviso.
- Vueling Spanish airline. Larnaca summer flights from Barcelona.
- FlyUIA Ukrainian airline. Larnaca flights (some indirect) from Almaty | Amman | Amsterdam | Astana | Baku | Bangkok | Bejing | Berlin | Brussels | Chisinau | Dnipro | Dubai | Frankfurt | Gatwick | Geneva | Helskini | Ivano-Frankivsk | Kharkiv | Kiev | Kutaisi | Lviv | Milan | Minsk | New York | Odessa | Palanga-Klaipeda | Paris | Prague | Riga | Rome | Sofia | Tblisi | Tehran | Turin | Vienna | Vilnius | Warsaw | Yerevan | Zaporizhzhya | Zurich.
- Wizz Air Romanian airline. Larnaca flights from Belgrade | Kiev | Vilnius.
Flights By Country
- Armenia - Yerevan (FlyUIA)
- Austria - Vienna (FlyNiki /FlyUIA)
- Azerbaijan - Baku (FlyUIA)
- Belarus - Minsk (FlyUIA)
- Belgium - Brussels (Cobalt Aero / FlyUIA)
- Bulgaria - Sofia (FlyUIA)
- China - Bejing (FlyUIA)
- Denmark - Copenhagen (Norwegian)
- Finland - Helsinki (FlyUIA / Norwegian)
- France - Paris (Aegean / Cobalt Aero / FlyUIA)
- Czech Republic - Prague (FlyUIA)
- Georgia - Kutaisi (FlyUIA) | Tblisi (FlyUIA)
- Germany - Berlin (FlyUIA / Germania) | Bremen (Germania) | Cologne (Germanwings) | Dusseldorf (Germania) | Erfurt (Germania) | Frankfurt (FlyUIA / Ryanair) | Hamburg (Germania) | Memmingen (Ryanair) | Munich (Aegean)
- Greece - Athens (Aegean / BlueAir / Cobalt Aero) | Chania (Aegean / BlueAir / Cobalt Aero / Ryanair) | Heraklion (Aegean / BlueAir / Cobalt Aero / Cyprus Airways) | Mykonos (Aegean) | Patras (Ryanair) | Rhodes (Aegean / Cyprus Airways) | Santorini (Aegean) | Thessaloniki (Aegean / BlueAir / Cobalt Aero / Ryanair)
- Hungary - Budapest (Ryanair)
- Iran - Tehran (FlyUIA)
- Ireland - Dublin (BlueAir / Cobalt Aero)
- Israel - Tel Aviv (Aegean / Cyprus Airways)
- Italy - Milan (Aegean / FlyUIA / Ryanair) | Pisa (Ryanair) | Rome (Aegean / FlyUIA / Ryanair) | Treviso (Ryanair) | Turin (BlueAir / FlyUIA)
- Jordan - Amman (FlyUIA)
- Kazakhstan - Almaty (FlyUIA) | Astana (FlyUIA)
- Latvia - Riga (FlyUIA)
- Lebanon - Beirut (Aegean)
- Lithuania - Kaunas (Ryanair) | Palanga-Klaipeda (FlyUIA) | Vilnius (FlyUIA / WizzAir)
- Moldova - Chisinau (FlyUIA)
- Netherlands - Amsterdam (FlyUIA)
- Norway - Oslo (Norwegian / Ryanair)
- Poland - Krakow (Ryanair) | Warsaw (FlyUIA)
- Romania - Bachau (BlueAir) | Bucharest (BlueAir) | Cluj Napoca (BlueAir) | Iasi (BlueAir)
- Serbia - Belgrade (WizzAir)
- Spain - Barcelona (Vueling)
- Sweden - Stockholm (Norwegian / Ryanair)
- Switzerland - Basel (easyJet) | Geneva (FlyUIA) | Zurich (Cobalt Aero / FlyUIA)
- Thailand - Bangkok (FlyUIA)
- Ukraine - Dnipro (FlyUIA) | Ivano-Frankivsk (FlyUIA) | Kharkiv (FlyUIA) | Kiev (Aegean / FlyUIA / WizzAir) | Lviv (FlyUIA) | Odessa (Cobalt Aero / FlyUIA) | Zaporizhzhya (FlyUIA)
- UAE - Abu Dhabi (Etihad Airways - finishing Oct 2016) | Dubai (Emirates / FlyUIA)
- UK - Birmingham (Blue Air / Cobalt Aero / Jet2 / Monarch / Thomson) | Bristol (easyJet) | East Midlands (Jet2 / Thomson) | Edinburgh (easyJet) | Gatwick (BA / easyJet / FlyUIA / Monarch / Norwegian / Thomson) | Glasgow (Jet2) | Heathrow (Aegean / BA) | Leeds Bradford (Jet 2) | Liverpool (Blue Air) | Luton (Blue Air / easyJet / Monarch / Thomson) | Manchester (Cobalt Aero / easyJet / Jet2 / Ryanair / Thomson) | Stansted (Cobalt Aero / Jet2 / Ryanair)
- USA - New York (FlyUIA)